It’s kind of awesome to go into a mani with a basic design in mind and have it warp into something cooler and more detailed than you intended! That is the case with this mani. I started out just intending to do some random dry brushing, but it ended up looking like flowers on my first nail so I altered my plan and went with that.
This is also one of those designs where you don’t have to be careful or precise – in fact, being a bit messy is advantageous! I started out with putting two coats of Sally Hansen – White On on all of my nails and topped them with a coat of Seche Vite.
Once the base is dry:
1. Using pink and green jelly (or sheer) polishes (I used a green frankenjelly and Sinful Colors – Ablaze), dry brush leaves and petals onto your nails.
2. Go over the same petals with some overlapping with a more opaque orange polish (I used Sally Hansen – Sun Kissed).
3. For the last layer of petals, use an opaque hot pink polish (I used NYC – Pink Promenade Creme) and dry brush the last layer of petals.
4. Use a yellow polish (I used Sally Hansen – Mellow Yellow) create the center of the flower. Use the white base polish to create additional details. I used a dotting tool to create the dots around the middle and dry brushed streaks over each of the petals.
Once all of my nails had some time to dry, I topped them with a delicate gold glitter topper, Butter London – Stratford Honey and a coat of Seche Vite. Once the Seche was dry, I added a coat of NYC – Matte Me Crazy Top Coat.
- Essie – Grow Stronger Base Coat
- Sally Hansen – White On
- Sally Hansen – Sun Kissed
- Sally Hansen – Mellow Yellow
- Sinful Colors – Ablaze
- Frankenjelly – Apple Green
- Butter London – Stratford Honey
- Seche Vite – Dry Fast Top Coat
- NYC – Matte Me Crazy Top Coat
I love these so much! They are bright and perfect for summer, I totally get a happy vibe, just from looking at my nails. I also love that these are a “Go messy or go home” type of design, so it doesn’t take long at all to do. I think I am going to try this again soon, but do different colors on each nail with blues and purples!